Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Books You Want to See as TV Shows

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey @ GingerReadsLainey on YouTube and hosted by Sam @ ThoughtsOnTomes. Every Wednesday there is a new topic, and you list your top 5 related to the particular topic. This week topic is books you want to see as TV shows. For more information on top 5 Wednesday and the Goodreads group click HERE.

The first thought on my mind were big fantasy books. Those will be great for TV shows but most of the big fantasy books series that I read are already made in TV series. Like A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin and the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind (TV show is called Legend of the Seeker). So I had to think for a while to come up with these.


1 The Ascendants Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen
I would like to see the Ascendants trilogy as a TV Show. But on no circumstances may they vary from the book. Book 1 season 1, book 2 season 2 etc. I love this story so I am also a bit afraid that they won’t do it justice. I think a TV show would be better than a movie because than they don’t have to take parts out of the story and have the time to do this right.


2. The Defiance series­ or The Courier’s Daughter series by C.J. Redwine
I think that this could be a great adventure series. I loved this book so much. This was my favorite dystopian after getting into the hunger games. Don’t get me wrong it is nothing like the hunger games it is more a post-apocalyptic dystopian world. But you only find that out in the second book were they find stuff from our world so the first book feels more like a normal dystopian. This world is interesting and dangerous. Perfect setting for a TV show. On the other hand this book got a kick ass female lead like the Hunger Games. She changes a lot during the books, because like katniss, she is effected by al the traumatic events that happened to her. This all would be cool to see in a TV show.


3. Legend series by Marie Lu
I wasn’t the biggest fan of these books but I think this could be a great TV show or movie. I think that this is defiantly possible in the future because I know the rights are sold and IMDB’s says this movie is in development. I still think this might be a better TV series than movie but I am interested in both.


4. The Cocktail series by Alice Clayton
This would have to be an adult TV show at night because of all the sexy time scenes in it. But it would be incredibly funny. Maybe even the best comedy TV show ever seen.


5. Avalon by Mindee Arnett
I just finished this book 2 days ago but I think this can be made in a great TV show. It is doable with a good special effects team I think. This takes place in space so that is an environment you can´t film in so a good special effects team is definitely necessary.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I totally agree with you on No.4! Looove the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it´s great, more people should read it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! I totally agree with you on No.4! Looove the series!

    ReplyDelete