Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Favorite Spooky Settings

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey @ GingerReadsLainey on YouTube and hosted by Sam @ ThoughtsOnTomes. Every Wednesday there is a new topic, and you list your top 5 related to the particular topic. This week's topic: Favorite Spooky Settings. For more information on top 5 Wednesday and the Goodreads group click HERE.

This list is in no particular order.


1. The Wasteland from Defiance by C.J. Redwine
But I think this whole world is kind of spooky and dark. This is a place where a monster that breathes fire lives. Well the monster lives somewhere under the ground but it comes out from under the ground in the Wastelands. If you are in the mood for a good dystopian, this would be a great pick. I read it 2 years ago when I was really in to dystopians and it didn´t disappoint me.
Click here for my review


2. Abandoned mines in Bitterkingdom from A Girl of Fire and Thorn series by Rae Carson
This series is one of my favorites. In this last installment they travel through a dark abandoned mine that is in some parts full of water. There are more spooky places in this book, but this would be my nightmare, to travel through these mines.


3. Westoros from Geoge R.R. Martin
Westoros would be a spooky place but more because of the gruesome dead’s. Any place beyond the wall would probably be spooky but also Harrenhal and the Dreadford. A lot of the places are scary in this world. But none would be so scary as the people in it. :P
I think I use A Song of Ice and Fire series in almost every T5W post from the last few weeks. I should get more original en use different books, but this series is just so good!


4. The Boundary in the Wizard's First Rule from Terry Goodkind
The Boundary is a place where the death tries to lure you in this wall of green light, and when you go through this light you enter the underworld. It is the boundary between Westland and The Midlands and it keeps magic away from Westland. This is an epic fantasy with dark places. This is the book series that got me into reading. And I recommend this first book for every high fantasy fan!


5. The Belgrave in Avalon by Mindee Arnett
The Belgrave is a place in space like the Bermuda triangle. People that go in don’t come back out again, or come out with weird stories of what happened there. I’m not a big fan of space because it goes against nature for people to go there. We won’t survive there without technology that keeps us alive there, and that stuff can break. So don’t sign me up for any space travel. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment