Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Summer Reads

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Lainey @GingerReadsLainey on YouTube and hosted by Sam @ThoughtsOnTomes. Every Wednesday there is a new topic, and you list your top 5 related to that particular topic. This weeks topic is Summer Reads. What books remind you of summer and are your quintessential summer reads. For more information on top 5 Wednesday and the Goodreads group click HERE.

Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
It’s about a teenager forced to go on a trip to Europe’s ancient cities with their parents during the summer. She meets a guy and they go on a whirlwind of adventurers in these cities. It’s a fun read, great for summer.


The Fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West
I don’t even know for sure if this is set in the summer, but all Kasie West books are cute, sweet en summery for me. This is a sweet romance with a girl who asks a random guy to pretend to be her boyfriend. She just got dumped by her real boyfriend and she can’t show up without one. Kasie West books are always fun! She never disappoints me! I highly recommend anything she writes!

Magnolia by Kristi Cook
It’s the opposite of Romeo and Juliet. Their families what them to be together but they hate each other. When times get tough they discover that the lines between love and hate are very thin. This one was a surprise to me. I loved it more than I expected. The sequel recently came out (haven’t read that one yet :P)

On the Island by Tracey Garvis- Graves
It’s a story about a teenage boy and a young English teacher who crash-land on a deserted island. It takes for the most part place on a tropical island. This makes it a really good summer read! This book has more hard hitting storyline than the other summer read. They struggle with their basic needs for food, water, fire and shelter. And when days turn to week, and then months, they encounter many more dangers obstacles.   

Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I just finished it (like 10 minutes ago). Still need to let it sink in, but it definitely gives me the summer feels. It’s about a road trip during the summer. Not just the physical journey from one side of the country but also emotional journey of two people who are going through tough times. It’s perfect for summer!


What book makes you think of summer?

2 comments:

  1. I've owned Magnolia for awhile now and still haven't read it. I'll need to bump it up my TBR now that summer is almost here!

    Brianna at Listful Booking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't very high on my TBR, but last summer I saw it somewhere so I picked it up and it didn't disappoint me.

      Delete